Holy moly! We’ve gathered up some delicious treats that didn’t really fit into any category other than overindulging! So take a peek, try to resist and if you can’t, then ENJOY what you make!
Bacon and Cheddar Waffles
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith or Gala apples
- 1/2 cup apple juice (or 1/2 cup of apple juice and 1/2 cup bourbon)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the butter begins to brown and turn light golden, add brown sugar and stir until combined. Add apples and apple juice (or apple juice bourbon mix) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the liquid is the consistency of a thin syrup.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix to combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix to combine milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Fold in the cheddar and the bacon crumbles.
- Using the batter, follow the directions to bake waffles according to your waffle iron.
- Serve waffles warm with the caramelized apples and a spoonful of the apple syrup.
Fried Ice Cream Cheesecake
- Creamy Whipped Cheesecake (recipe below)
- 2 cups Cinnamon Cereal (such as Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
- Whipped Cream (use the recipe below, or use canned whipped cream)
- 6 Maraschino Cherries
Creamy Whipped Cheesecake
- 1 block (8oz.) cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Making Creamy Whipped Cheesecake
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, cinnamon and the vanilla, and blend until fully incorporated and smooth. Add (cold) heavy cream, and whip until smooth, and increased in volume by almost double.
Making Whipped Cream
- Chill the bowl and beater (whisk attachment) of your electric mixer by placing them in the freezer about 5 minutes. This will help your cream whip up faster, and fuller.
- When the bowl has chilled, pour cream into bowl and begin whipping (on medium-high speed).
- When the cream is beginning to thicken, slowly add the powdered sugar, while continuing to beat.
- Then, add vanilla (while mixing).
- The whipped cream is done when it has more than doubled in volume, and when you stop the mixer, and lift up the whisk, the cream stays in place.
Assembly of Fried Ice Cream Cheesecakes
- Crush cinnamon cereal (in a large ziplock type bag), then place crushed cereal in a bowl. Melt 2 tablespoons butter, and pour over cereal. Stir well. Spread cereal onto a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Prepare Creamy Whipped Cheesecake
- Assemble dessert by adding 1-2 tablespoons crushed cereal to the bottom of your dessert dishes. Add a layer of cheesecake (this will be easiest if you use a piping bag fitted with a large round tip, or add cheesecake to a large ziplock type bag and snip off one corner). Repeat with another layer of cereal, then cheesecake.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep in the refrigerator (up to 1 hour).